Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Marshmallow Popcorn



This is an amazing recipe that my wife discovered and I make it all the time for a treat while I watch movies and stuff.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (3.2 ounce) Bag of Microwave Popcorn (Once i get a real popper I will add those directions)
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Butter (You can use Margarine but I have made it both ways and butter is infinently better!)
  • 10 Marshmallows
Directions:
  1. Cook popcorn according to instructions on the bag. 
  2. Put brown sugar and butter in a medium size microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave on high for 1 minute, then stir. 
  3. Add marshmallows to brown sugar and butter mixture and heat in microwave for an additional 2 minutes (or until marshmallows are completely melted), stopping to stir every 30 seconds. 
  4. Drizzle marshmallow sauce over popcorn. 
  5. Toss popcorn in large bowl until completely coated in marshmallow sauce.
Shamefully, I must admit that I have eaten the entire bowl in one sitting on more then one occasion. Yes, it is really that good!

On a side note, I did try making the marshmallow sauce on the stove and it turned out way different so for best results stick to the microwave, at least for the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment